Click on an item below to see more details. To change views click a view below, Calendar, List, Week, or Posterboard. You can also search for an event by clicking on the search icon.
- 09Sat 09/09/17Easton Public Market, Northampton Street, Easton, PA, United StatesSaturday, September 9th | 12 noon - 2pm$15 pp | Limited to 10 seatsJoin Nutritionist Tammy Westney as she teaches the kitchen science of fermentation and how microbes act to preserve food. The class will learn through hands-on experience as they ferment seasonal vegetables from the Easton Public Market's Highmark® Farmstand. Bring containers to take home samples.
- 16Sat 09/16/17Easton Public Market, Northampton Street, Easton, PA, United StatesSaturday, September 16 | 10 am - 11 am $40 pp | Class limited to 33 participantsWith over two decades of floral design experience, Jackie Cozzubbo of Silks N More is launching an exciting new experience with "Snip N Sip." Enjoy refreshments and a fun morning at the Easton Public Market making your own flower arrangement to take home with you.The floral at this class will be in a 5x6 galvanized can. The flowers will be white hydrangea, red roses, orange roses, yellow roses, mint leaves, chili pepper, grapevine and greens and burgundy filler. Brighten your home with these beautiful blooms.
- 16Sat 09/16/17Easton Farmers' Market, Centre Square, Easton, PA, United StatesWhen: Saturday, September 16th, 11 amWhere: Easton Farmers' Market, Centre Square, Easton PAIf you can take the heat, join other fire-eaters at EFM’s infamous “10 Deadly Peppers” Hot Pepper Eating Competition to test how hot you can go! Ten rounds of consuming hot peppers with each round increasing the heat as the peppers go up the Scoville Scale. The hotness of chilies is based on Scoville Heat Units; for example, a jalapeno is rated between 2,500 – 8,000 SU, compared to a Habanero which is rated between 10,000 – 325,000 SU and the hottest chile in Round 10 is the Trinidad Moruga Scorpion -- ranked as high as 2,009,231 SU -- now that's hot, baby!!Rules & Regulations: Contestants are disqualified from the competition if they: 1) Do not eat the entire flesh and seeds of the pepper; 2)stand up during the competition; 3) cannot keep the chile down, 4) take a drink of milk.All contestants are required to accept/sign the 2017 Hot Pepper Eating Competition waiver/release.
- 17Sun 09/17/17Easton Public Market, Northampton Street, Easton, PA, United StatesSunday, September 17th10am to 11:30am$15pp (Ages 7-11)Limited to 10 seats‘Kids in the Kitchen’ with Chef Ada Chandler focuses on building the culinary confidence of your child through kid-friendly classes, demonstrations, and interactive events. Chef Ada will teach your child how to prepare each yummy item through a combination of hands-on, observation, and taste testing — with a lot of fun mixed in! This week's recipe: Biscuits and apricots. Parents check in your child at the Kitchen and then feel free to shop the market while class is in session!
- 20Wed 09/20/17Easton Public Market, Northampton Street, Easton, PA, United StatesThe Easton Hunger Coalition hosts the free public “Morning Conversation on FOOD” series at the Community Room inside the Easton Public Market on the third Wednesday of each month at 9 am. Participants will explore such topics as food, local food systems, food justice, food waste, food recovery, and hunger. Conversation moderators will provide information to guide the topic, as well as action items that can be taken to support the reduction of food waste in our community.